Thread: About Wubi Installed Kubuntu

Beans

Question About Wubi Installed Kubuntu

Hi there guys i have installed kubuntu using wubi installation. So i want to know is this installation is somehow different from original installation of kubuntu? And is there any problems regarding software installation upgrade etc? or this works fine?..

The problem i found in wubi installation is that i cannot backup my kubuntu.. if i backup the kubuntu drive. whole drive is backed up including the free space, and that take too much space.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: About Wubi Installed Kubuntu

Besides the 30 GB root disk size limit and the in ability to hibernate because of no swap partition, it should work the same .The root disk size limitation and the fact that it is inside the Windows partition is the problem , but you can backup or sync your home folder files to an external device, Ubuntu One or Dropbox.

I use Ubuntu One because of installing the latest version of Ubuntu every six months. I find syncing my folders works fine and don't use the default backup tool. Wubi is really for trial use and not intended for long term installation.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Smile Re: About Wubi Installed Kubuntu

thanks for reply