Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fullscreen Youtube in Firefox Crashing

Beans

Re: Fullscreen Youtube in Firefox Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by NikTh View Post
    I assume you know that plugin container is adobe's flash player. When you disable flash player you are capable to see online videos (e.g: youtube) only via Html5 or Gnash .
    That's simply wrong.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...ugin-container
    GNU/Linux

Beans

You sure? I disabled dom.ipc.plugins.enable via about:config in firefox and flash still worked on youtube. The only difference was that when flash crashed, firefox completely crashed. Usually just the plugin crashes and the video player shows that error with the sad lego like block.

Beans

Originally Posted by NikTh
    I assume you know that plugin container is adobe's flash player. When you disable flash player you are capable to see online videos (e.g: youtube) only via Html5 or Gnash .
    You sure? I disabled dom.ipc.plugins.enable via about:config in firefox and flash still worked on youtube. The only difference was that when flash crashed, firefox completely crashed. Usually just the plugin crashes and the video player shows that error with the sad lego like block.[/QUOTE]

Beans

Flash in firefox will never get better, I know how much some people hate it but chrome is the only answer to the issue thanks to adobe dropping linux support.
    Or at the very least use chromium

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hi ,
    this is not completely wrong.

I can see plugin-container process with top command only and only if I use flash player. No other separate plugin-container running , ever.

According to link that Braniwash gave , flash-player is inside plugin-containter. So if you disable plugin-container where flash will load ?

@Brainwash thanks for the link.

Did you guys tried the firefox --safe-mode command ?
    Last edited by NikTh; August 30th, 2012 at 09:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

1) Disabling plugin-container does NOT disable flash. It only integrates the process into the existing firefox one like how it used to be (1 process). Plugin-container was only recently added to provide a sandbox for plugins to run so if 1 crashed, it wouldn't crash the whole browser.

2) I do not want to try disable however, even if it could potentially fix my fullscreen youtube issue because as someone mentioned who tried it, the main firefox main process is then more likely to crash.

3) I will try the --safe mode extension sometime soon hopefully.

4) I still haven't been able to figuire out if this is a flash problem specifically, xorg/compiz like a few people have suggested (one bug on launchpad about it), or a firefox one (with plugin-container specifically).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post
    2) I do not want to try disable however, even if it could potentially fix my fullscreen youtube issue because as someone mentioned who tried it, the main firefox main process is then more likely to crash.
    Does your Flash Player crash frequently while not watching fullscreen videos? The given solution works on my old system (not a single crash related to Flash content so far). However, more information and log files are needed to solve this mystery.
    GNU/Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
    Does your Flash Player crash frequently while not watching fullscreen videos? The given solution works on my old system (not a single crash related to Flash content so far). However, more information and log files are needed to solve this mystery.
    Hey, no flash/firefox/plugin-container do not ever freeze or crash other than when I watch HD fullscreen youtube videos....I still also try launching firefox from the command line and get some helpful logs soon...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I had a similar issue with playing videos with VLC and Ubuntu 12.04 that I was able to resolve. You could see if this works for you: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=19

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post
    Hey, no flash/firefox/plugin-container do not ever freeze or crash other than when I watch HD fullscreen youtube videos....I still also try launching firefox from the command line and get some helpful logs soon...
    I Have the same problem! I think it is Flash related. Did you find a solution yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast