Thread: Internet in Dual Boot works with 10.10 not with 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Internet in Dual Boot works with 10.10 not with 10.04

I have D620 Dell laptop, with default boot to Lucid via USB, second boot to Maverick, both using F'fox. Recently I added 5 simultaneous FF extensions to defaultboot Lucid. The next day it was struggling to load pages until finally "Server Not Found" was coming up every time.The Telstra nextG modem signal looks fine-blue intermittent. No net probs for ages before this.
    . So I have pulled the USB and now booting with the Maverick OS, where everything is normal, which means I can get to ubu forums! In the affected Lucid I disabled all the recent Add-ons, and Restarted, but no result. I suspect these circumstances narrow the diagnosis down a bit, but I haven't had any ideas yet except I'm about to compare the 2 OS's Network Manager settings. One thing: I'm operating in the affected Lucid with an icon which is different from the little pulsing arcs, it's 2 little screens, because a month ago I accidentally deleted the arcs, and best I could do was put a different one up there which isn't very usable.
    Never accept advice, especially this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Internet in Dual Boot works with 10.10 not with 10.04

Spontaneous remission!! Maybe I scared it by screenshotting all its network settings. But more likely reached a critical number of Restarts after Disabling the Add-ons? I hesitate to mark it SOLVED.
    Never accept advice, especially this