Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boot fails on First Stage Ubuntu Bootstrap screen

Beans

Re: Boot fails on First Stage Ubuntu Bootstrap screen

You know that scene in Swingers, when the guys are driving through the night to get to Las Vegas, and that scene kinda drags to show just how far LA is from Vegas (it's at least 5 hours, if you were wondering), and at one point they can see Vegas in the distance... that's where I'm at with this.

Read more, made more adjustments to both yaboot and xorg. In yaboot I changed the 'append' value to read, "nosplash video=ofonly"

Found a thread where a guy added multiple 'modelines' to the xorg.conf in the monitor and screen section as well as adding 'Option "UseFBDev" "True" and Option "NoInt10" "True" under the device section...

and I got all the way to the 'ubuntu 12.04' with the four dots... and it hangs.

All I'm saying is, I expect to get my computer engineering degree when this thing is operational.

Alright.

Beans

Update!

Success... sort of. I finally was able to get it to boot fully using the command line commands from the FAQ in regards to xorg, by downloading the nvidia driver as per the instructions and then using the following-

wget http://mac.linux.be/files/xorg/imac8.txt
    sudo cp imac8.txt /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    sudo reboot

I also made some additional changes because it was pointing to the wrong device id. I also did backup my previous xorg.conf file to be safe.

Now, one last item to fix... the screen size is actually bigger than my screen, so I only see pretty much the center of the desktop, the bottom edge of the menu bar and I don't see the apps at all on the left side.

Who needs Stanford or MIT when you have Google.

Beans

Do you here them? The Angles... they're singing.

Coming to you live, from the ubuntu desktop! Finally!

I just played around with the display sizes and... voila!

Right off the bat had 249mb of updates and I still got a 'fatal internal error' already.

Anyway, I'll expect my degree in the mail.

Peace!

Somebody stamp a big *** SOLVED on this b****.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12