Problem: In Ubuntu 12.04, I had two instances of Thunderbird at startup. Exiting one also terminated the other instance. Here is the solution:
I noticed there was 2x "MinimizeToTray Plus" icons in the taskbar. MinimizeToTray Plus doesn't exit the program so it is impossible to really get rid of that second window... Here's what I did ;
1. Disable "MinimizeToTray Plus" in menu "Tools/Add-Ons/"
2. Exit Thunderbird (Be sure that the process is not running)
3. Open Thunderbird (In my case, I had the same two windows problem the first time)
4. Now Thunderbird runs without the MinimizeToTray Plus add-on.
5. Close one of the window.
6. Re-enable your "MinimizeToTray Plus" add-on
7. Exit and restart
Post by jivago_rey on