Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filesharing between Lubuntu and Windows 7

Beans

Lightbulb Filesharing between Lubuntu and Windows 7

Hello,

I have a windows 7 system and a lubuntu netbook set up. I would like to share my files on lubutu with my windows 7 machine but so far nothing has worked. i tried multiples guides with samba and nothing has worked. I can see the netbook on another linux system i have, but i can't see it on windows. what am i doing wrong?

Faraday

Beans

Re: Filesharing between Lubuntu and Windows 7

Hey some more info i forgot to add to this is that i also have sabnzbd and sickbeared insatlled on the system and i also can't connect to them from my windows machine. and i updated the linux kernel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

could it be that the windows system is designed in such a way that it is a pain in the back side to connect to other platforms, portability and inter platform communication was never a priority at MS. and also i have tried to make some computers see each other, and i have had extreme success with windows xp and almost any linux distro, but i tried for one week and did not succeed...

isn't there a tool for windows, like total commander with the help of which you could connect to the linux system?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

try browsing by ip

Beans

not just see but also just to get to the files of the netbook. i can access them over the network

I tried with //xxx.xxx.xxx.xx but it gives me an unspecified error and when i click diagnose it says the windows PC is okay but lubuntu isn't configured correctly

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Faraday92 View Post
    Hello,

I have a windows 7 system and a lubuntu netbook set up. I would like to share my files on lubutu with my windows 7 machine but so far nothing has worked. i tried multiples guides with samba and nothing has worked. I can see the netbook on another linux system i have, but i can't see it on windows. what am i doing wrong?

Faraday
    Is lubuntu new to you, Faraday? I just installed it for the first time and I too, cannot find a Network. Ubuntus always connect to Windows and others. mine will see linux partitions on the same hd, but no reference to linux and windows on other machines. Other machines can see lubuntu.

Lubuntu apparently networks in a different way than ubuntu which is always in Places in file manager. I hope someone solves this issue for you (and me)
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

shouldn't it be backslashes?

Beans

sorry yeah i did use that. i just installed gadmin-samba and will see if i can set it up with that. worth a shot maybe i did not set it up properly. also does anyone know if a 64 bit windows 7 install will work with a lubuntu 32 bit system? and do i need to do anything for my windows install to get to my files?

Beans

yeah it id not work

anyone have any ideas?

ohh also i installed SABnzbd on the lubuntu machine and i also can not access it on my windows PC
    Last edited by Faraday92; August 23rd, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Beans

ohh i also tried to disable the firewall on the windows PC and it did not help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast