Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eee Slate EP121 - Reporting Bugs

Beans

Question Eee Slate EP121 - Reporting Bugs

Dear Eee Slate EP121 Users,

since the Slate functionality in ubuntu is faaaar from perfect I would like to report all bugs related to this piece of hardware and Ubuntu 12.10 - Quantal Quetzal to launchpad.

So I am searching in a first step allies which want to become "responsibles" of one or several bugs (sending bug reports and follow up). In a next step we should identify the hardware related bugs and distribute them according the individual interest of each "responsible".

Who wants to report bugs?!

Also I would be very gratefull, if you could click for each bug on the corresponding bug-reporting-page: "This bug affects X person. Does this bug affect you?"

Bugs by category

Touchscreen

Bug: 1041930 - Cannot navigate in nautilius using touchscreen of Asus Slate ep121
    Description: Touching (with a finger) once the screen making it imposible to navigate within nautilus, even with a conventional mouse. (became alreadya problem after upgrading from 11.10 to 12.04). The sidebar still works, but I can't navigate by double-clicking on the "big" Icons in the main-panel.
    Reported by: deadland
    Responsible: to be defined

Bug: 1041935 - Simulated Secondary Click does not work
    Description: I have activated the "Simulated Secondary Click" in System Settings -> Universal Acces, but it does not work with any input device (1) convential mouse (2) egalax touchscreen (3) wacom ISDv4 90 Pen.

Bug: to be reported
    Description: No Multitouch

Wacom
    Bug: 1037657 - Asus B121 integrated wacom tablet not recognized
    Description: The eraser is not recognized, nor it produces a mouse right-click when pressed.
    Reported by: gianlucadv
    Responsible: gianlucadv

Bug: 1041927 - cannot calibrate Wacom ISDv4 90 Pen
    Description: When I click the "Calibrate..."-Button in System Settings-> Wacom Graphics Tablet nothing happens.

Video

Bug: 1041894 - compiz crashed with SIGSEGV
    Description: Compiz crashs frequently (same as in 12.04)

Audio

Bluetooth
    Bug: 1041923 - Cannot enable bluetooth on Asus Slate ep121
    Description: If I right-click on the bluetooth-applet an hit "Turn on Bluetooth" the applet indicates "Bluetooth: On" but when I open "Bluetooth setting ..." it indicates that bluetooth ist "off" and I cannot link it with any bluetooth device.

Wlan
    Bug: to be reported
    Description: Disconnects frequently.

Onboard (Software)

Bug: 905636 - firefox awesome-bar and search popup swallow key strokes
    Description: For example when entering a term in the Firefox search box, a list of suggestions pops up and then when you click a letter on Onboard it only gets the focus, and the search box suggestions list disappears, but the letter does not get entered... you have to click it again!

Additional Links:
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=715480
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/onboard/+bug/900196

Bug: 1041925 - onboard do not appear on login
    Description: When I try to log in the onscreen keyboard (onboard) does not appear automatically. I have to click on the "universal access" button and uncheck onscreen keyboad and than check it again.
    Last edited by deadland; August 27th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Beans

Re: Eee Slate EP121 - Reporting Bugs

I am interested.
    I have already opened a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...m/+bug/1037657) related to the EP121.

Beans

Thank you, I appreciate your participation!

Beans

Well, I made a first inventory of all the ep121 related bugs I found so far. Could you please confirm me that you experiencing the same problems and/or inform me if there are more bugs which have to reported/monitored.
    Last edited by deadland; August 26th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.

Beans

I have confirmed on launchpad the bugs I have been able to reproduce.

I also believe that multitouch is not working properly, but I do not know if it is a bug related to EP121 or simply a functionality that is not implemented in ubuntu.

Beans

Thanks for your support.

Please could you reconfirm, that you don't have the nautilus-navigation-bug, because this is actually the most annoying bug I have found so far, since it avoids a "normal" usage of Ubuntu.

It seems, when I touch once the screen with my finger the mouse (Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500) got to the state "click&hold" and can not be released from this state anymore, even when I unplug it fiscally.

To illustrate this I've made a screenshot of the shutdown dialogue, where you can see, that when I hover over the dialog the text get selected, even so I don't press the left mouse button.

And my impression is, that only GTK(3) aplications are affected by this bug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deadland; September 15th, 2012 at 05:59 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deadland View Post

Please could you reconfirm, that you don't have the nautilus-navigation-bug, because this is actually the most annoying bug I have found so far, since it avoids a "normal" usage of Ubuntu.
    I don't have that bug.
    But, after a while, touching the screen with the finger becomes a right-click instead of a left-click. That too prevents a normal usage.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Consider me in. I confirmed the bugs that affect me on the appropriate pages.
    I definitely have the Nautilus bug.
    I have yet to get right-click function under any circumstance, my eraser is not recognized, and the Calibrate button in System Settings does not work.
    My bluetooth keyboard was not being re-connected after re-start: I would have to delete it from Devices in Bluetooth Settings and set it up again (for every start-up). As a workaround, I've installed BLUEMAN bluetooth manager, which works like a charm. I just have to live with two bluetooth applets in my panel.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

ps - I'm running Unity 12.10. I have to update my profile. 8-D

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by onewing View Post
    Consider me in. I confirmed the bugs that affect me on the appropriate pages.
    I definitely have the Nautilus bug.
    I have yet to get right-click function under any circumstance, my eraser is not recognized, and the Calibrate button in System Settings does not work.
    My bluetooth keyboard was not being re-connected after re-start: I would have to delete it from Devices in Bluetooth Settings and set it up again (for every start-up). As a workaround, I've installed BLUEMAN bluetooth manager, which works like a charm. I just have to live with two bluetooth applets in my panel.

Thank you, I thought I'm crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast