Thread: Microsoft Dynamics issue

Beans

Microsoft Dynamics issue

Hello, I am put Ubuntu 12.04 on my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop and I am having two different issues.

1) I cannot connect using the Dell Wireless 5630 EVDO-HSPA Mobile Mini-Card Modem. I actually downloaded the copy of Ubuntu 12 from the Dell website so its supposed to have all the right drivers. Everything seems to work but I cannot get connected. I checked to see how it was set up in Win7 and made sure it was set up the same way. It is a company furnished laptop and I don't have the Verizon account info but the username and p/w for network connection are blank and it's supposed to be set to DHCP. Is there a way I can use mimic the network connection from the Win7 site of the laptop.

2) I need to be able to access Microsoft Dynamic CRM for my job. When I try to sign into the server it says I have to have IE7 or better and that my browser isn't supported. I was told to try installing PlayonLinux and download IE8. I did that and Im able to run IE8 but when I try loging into the server with my credentials it keeps me an 401 error. I guess my question is can I fix this issue in wine or is there a way I can fake IE7 or better using Firefox, Chrome or something els?

Thanks for any help
    Stephen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Microsoft Dynamics issue

1. There was some sort of software that could snif out the information used to connect, but could you tell me how exactly does it connect? PPTP?
    2. You can use a useragent spoofer, here is one for Chrome, you can find one for Firefox using it's own plugin search
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus Torvalds
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program."

Beans

It says shows that I'm connected through PPP.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Try using this utility http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dialupass.html
    Once you open it in Windows with Admin rights, you will see a dump of all network credentials. I am not sure if this is the tool you want. Oh and a side note. If you have an antivirus then it might get tripped, but I can assure you that there is nothing malicious in the tool, the antivirus will trip only because the tool is able to display this information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus Torvalds
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program."