Thread: Question on the Gaz Pro

Beans

Question on the Gaz Pro

Hello i have a question on the Gazelle Pro does it get loud like the Fan's when watching Flash videos?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Question on the Gaz Pro

Are you having trouble with it? I don't think that should happen, unless you enable hardware acceleration (which is known to cause problems with Youtube videos going too fast or slow), but even that would have a hard time making the fan get loud, even if you were watching 1080p.
    If you get an SSD, you should rarely hear the fan (unless you a serious power user that loves to compile kernels and high intensity processes like that).
    If you get an HDD, then this would be more likely to happen naturally (HDDs get warmer than SSDs because they have moving parts-moving parts generate heat the same way rubbing your hands together does), not necessarily because you are streaming 1080p content.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by eddietours View Post
    Hello i have a question on the Gazelle Pro does it get loud like the Fan's when watching Flash videos?

I don't use Flash, so I can't say as to whether that, specifically, makes the fan louder. However, the fan is normally very quiet; it is so quiet I thought it was broken and opened a support ticket about it.
    Last edited by Carborundum; August 23rd, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Beans

ok Thanks guys am just interested in Buying a Gaz Pro just wanted to know cool