Quote Originally Posted by hank22077 View Post
pierreu1: Sorry, again, I couldn't help you. I'm just responding to give you a little 'bump' to keep this up top where maybe a more experienced person can see it and help you out.

I was told that if you post updates it's not actually 'bumping' your thread; and it gives a more recent spot in the forum, so hopefully you get the advise you need.
Posting updates is encouraged and necessary to keep helpers up to date; the fact that it bumps the thread to the top of the list should be seen as an added benefit. Posting for the sake of bumping a thread whilst adding no new information is not encouraged.

To make it clear; the original OP bumping every five minutes is definitely NOT encouraged, but a bump once every twenty four hours or more is fine and acceptable.

In other words, the original poster is quite free to bump this whenever they want to get things going again at this point, if they so choose. Often a thread dwindles for the simple reason that no-one has any new information, breakthroughs, solutions, or ideas to add. That looks to be the case here.