Thread: Can't move mouse with touchpad when I touch with 2 fingers

Beans

Can't move mouse with touchpad when I touch with 2 fingers

If I have one finger on my touchpad that is inactive, and one that is moving around, the mouse won't move. As long as I lift the inactive one up, it works. Is there any way to fix this?

Beans

Re: Can't move mouse with touchpad when I touch with 2 fingers

Quote Originally Posted by ArnsteinK View Post
    If I have one finger on my touchpad that is inactive, and one that is moving around, the mouse won't move. As long as I lift the inactive one up, it works. Is there any way to fix this?
    Hasn't it always been like this? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you're trying to highlight then I think you need to actually click with the inactive finger as you move the other...

Beans

I have this problem too. Within OSX, you can have one finger on the touchpad and still move the cursor around. Many times, I know I will rest my thumb where the click area is at the bottom, and scroll with my index finger.

No can do with Ubuntu. I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish this. The other thing that annoys me is that the cursor jiggles around a little bit while typing on the keyboard. I also have the box checked to prevent this from happening, but it's not working that great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Are you trying to do "Two finger scrolling"? Please check your touchpad settings. I think you need to enable "two finger scrolling" for what you are trying to acheive.

System Settings --> Mouse and Touchpad --> Touchpad (tab)

Beans

Thanks for the response, but it's not two finger scrolling. I've enabled that already in the mouse and trackpad option.

It's hard to explain without actually trying it in OSX. Let me try to explain...

In OSX: Put thumb on trackpad bottom area. Try to move the cursor with your index finger. Cursor moves. Now use your index and middle finger to scroll. That works too.

In Ubuntu: Do the same. It doesn't work. Ubuntu thinks that you're doing 'two finger scrolling'.

The difference between the above and "two finger scrolling" is that with two finger scrolling, you are moving your index and middle fingers at the same time. With Ubuntu, it's like "two touch scrolling" instead of "two finger scrolling".

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

wiz561:

Are you confused? Not only have you hijacked someone else's thread but you're delusional enough to think the replies are for you and thanking them.

Is being intrusive a normal part of your life?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

He's not being delusional, nor is he hijacking anything. He's following up because he has the exact same issue as the OP and he's trying to clarify for anybody seeing the thread & responding.

Bump as I suffer from this issue too.