Thread: botchhed mint install

Beans

botchhed mint install

Hello-
    Attempted to install mint 13 MATE on my older lenovo. I had been previously been duel booting ubuntu and windows. Wanted to wipe everything clean and just run mint. Install went fine at first, got to the part where you enter your name,location etc. Then the install just hung forever. Finally I shut down the computer (probably not the smartest thing to do).
    Now when i try to re-install it tells me I don't have enough disk space. I need a way to format everything and get rid of the partial install. Tried to do it from bios, but it does not seem possible to do it from there.

Could anyone help?
    Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans

Re: botchhed mint install

Quote Originally Posted by dalsim36 View Post
    Hello-
    Attempted to install mint 13 MATE on my older lenovo. I had been previously been duel booting ubuntu and windows. Wanted to wipe everything clean and just run mint. Install went fine at first, got to the part where you enter your name,location etc. Then the install just hung forever. Finally I shut down the computer (probably not the smartest thing to do).
    Now when i try to re-install it tells me I don't have enough disk space. I need a way to format everything and get rid of the partial install. Tried to do it from bios, but it does not seem possible to do it from there.

Could anyone help?
    Thanks!
    Maybe someone here can help.