Thread: NO SOUND - Possible Multiple Python installed

Beans

Exclamation NO SOUND - Possible Multiple Python installed

I install ubuntu 12.04 on a virtual box and the is sound was working fine. I then used Synatic to install ubuntu additions because it wasn't installing through the terminal. In synatic I notice by default it had Python listed as 'to be installed'. I simply installed everything, after which I tried to watch a youtube vid. There was no sound, I then tired to play some music as I thought its was probably a browser issue, the music in my folder played without sound as well. I have spent hourssss trying to find a solution in the forums but with no success. I think I have Multiple Python installed, from what I have read python seems to be very important for sound. How do I restore back the sound, and which python should I uninstall?

Another issue I'm having is SEVERAL times I click on the dashboard to open the terminal or some other application and NOTHING is displayed. I'm experiencing this problem this very minute as I type, and restart do not resolve the problem. What other way is there to access the applications

Beans

Re: NO SOUND - Possible Multiple Python installed

The problem is not fully resolved but I found a suggestion over at Ask Ubuntu
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/13257...n-ubuntu-12-04

The command I used is killall pulseaudio . That was able to restore sound as far as System Settings> sound >test sound; and on Youtube vidz.
    However my music is still experiencing problems, the sounds plays in and out(broken).

Still no solution for the dash home problem. HELLOOOO is anybody out the to help?