Thread: up & down keys don't work. lucid on macbookpro 3.1

Beans

up & down keys don't work. lucid on macbookpro 3.1

hi,

i've installed ubuntu lucid on a macbookpro 3.1, and virtually everything is working apart from the up & down keys. i tried using 'xev' to see if i could remap them , but pressing them yields no results, they are just completely dead. any ideas?

cheers

Beans

Re: up & down keys don't work. lucid on macbookpro 3.1

They should work though, it might be some kind of issue with lucid and mac, why did you choose lucid and not the latest 12.04? Have you tested keybard layouts and done all updates?

Beans

hi 2blue,

it's an updated lucid and i've tried all the apple keyboard layouts and no luck. i chose lucid as all i had was an old karmic cd, and updating it to lucid worked, where as updating all the way to 12.04 i had problems with the system freezing.

Beans

I suppose it would be considerably easier and faster to do a new CD install of the latest version when you get that far. Not sure what is up with you keyboard though. Arrows worked fine before upgrade to lucid? I have lubuntu on an old iBook and I have trouble with some keys like dollar sign, eurosign and the possessive apostrophe like; "Ned`s Bicicle". Neither of them are there at all. I have `´ that is usually used for letters like è,é, à and á, and I am forced to get inventiv with them. Weird really, but powerpc has always been on the weird side with some stuff even with osx and when they were current.