Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot detect 2nd monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Cannot detect 2nd monitor

Just had accountancy exams (which I passed) hence not been active in this topic for a while.
    Ubuntu can duplicate the displays using the Displays control panel (tick button for Mirror Displays,) but apparently the only resolution available is 640 x 800 which doesn't work with my configuration.
    Any sugestions?

EDIT: Tried with Nouveau driver as above, didn't work, so tried porprietory driver again (this time in 64 bit Ubuntu) and got the following error mesage when I started the Nvidia control panel:

You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X server.
    Last edited by MogBug; February 3rd, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread moved to Multimedia & Video.

... seeing as you're still here. Frankly, you might be better re-posting in this sub-forum with your current situation. And remember; wait twenty four hours before bumping threads. You may have known that but just in case. Better luck this time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A ha working okay now with prop. driver. Selected Clone Displays, Twin View configuration and tweaked second monitor settings to get all the gubbins on screen. A-OK ! Cheers guys.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123