Thread: Programming Beginner Open To Projects to use for resume

Beans

Programming Beginner Open To Projects to use for resume

Hi, I am a student currently enrolled for a technology degree. I have education in HTML/CSS and very minorly VHDL. I am looking for a project to help, so I have something more to put on a resume and advertise my skills.

Thanks,
    Matthew Mangus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Programming Beginner Open To Projects to use for resume

That is always nice to hear. If you would like to spend some time with building website then check this link: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/U+1 . Look for email under news and announcements. The link I gave you is about U+1 (Ubuntu development testers) and we will start building website soon.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Believe me, I don't want to distract from any work you can do directly for Ubuntu. That said, there is another "open" project that I haven't touched in months but was requested by some other users:

With the gnome-shell pack installed (not just selecting gnome or gnome classic, what ever it is now on the logon menu), the default configuration for the desktop is in a .css file. the users want a GUI'd interface to change settings on that desktop - almost a theme editor. The trick is in knowing what sections of the css file actually do what. you have to remember that gnome-shell is using it to configure itself.

I had that program going, but stopped. I deleted the source, but I do have a older copy of the source. A plea was made not to take over my code, but to rather have someone more familiar with css use what ever language they wanted to create the css editing app. It shouldn't show the css statement(s), but rather plain English like "top bar background color".

At any rate, I don't know if you'd want to tackle that or not, but if so I can try to find the thread that was the basis for it before the thread turned into garbage.

BUT....like I said up front......I wouldn't want to distract anyone from doing something that contributes to Ubuntu directly. The project I'm talking about would be for Ubuntu, but also for other distros using or having available the gnome-shell package.

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

GreatDanton - I sure don't want to distract anyone away from your project which contributes directly to Ubuntu. Sorry if I came across that way!

Dave