Thread: Cant install Ubuntu on my Asus g75v

Hybrid View

Beans

Cant install Ubuntu on my Asus g75v

I decided to give Ubuntu a try the other day. I downloaded the CD .iso from Ubuntu's site and burned it to a CD. I told my computer to boot up from my DVD drive (ASUS g75v). Popped the disk in. Reboot comuter. The screen goes to this purple screen with a keyboard and a circle around a stick figure at the bottom. Stays at that screen for a few seconds then the screen goes black. There's is a black screen with this cursor blinking. It stays there and just won't change I put the CD into another computer to verify it wasn't the CD and that computer loaded up Ubuntu fine. I do have a copy of W7 installed. I have tried to burn a 32 bit and a 64 bit, tried using 2 different USB pens. Anyone have any tips on what i can do? I want to Dual boot Windows and Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Cant install Ubuntu on my Asus g75v

Quote Originally Posted by Kalioma View Post
    I decided to give Ubuntu a try the other day. I downloaded the CD .iso from Ubuntu's site and burned it to a CD. I told my computer to boot up from my DVD drive (ASUS g75v). Popped the disk in. Reboot comuter. The screen goes to this purple screen with a keyboard and a circle around a stick figure at the bottom. Stays at that screen for a few seconds then the screen goes black. There's is a black screen with this cursor blinking. It stays there and just won't change I put the CD into another computer to verify it wasn't the CD and that computer loaded up Ubuntu fine. I do have a copy of W7 installed. I have tried to burn a 32 bit and a 64 bit, tried using 2 different USB pens. Anyone have any tips on what i can do? I want to Dual boot Windows and Ubuntu
    When you get to the stick figure/keyboard screen, hit enter, choose language, then choose keyboard layout if you want to with F3, but here's the important bit, use F6 and go through the boot options one at a time starting with nomodeset.

It is very likely that one of those options will get you to a live system desktop.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Beans

how do you change the bios settings in asus g75v to make it boot from cd? i am trying to boot it with ubuntu live cd but it does not read from cd at all.

Beans

Press Del ( or maybe in your comp) Inst key.Then in Bios choose to boot from CD.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.