Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiseat Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Re: Multiseat Ubuntu 12.04

Can anyone help me with newbie "howto" about multiseat in 12.10? I'm using unity with lightdm and single 9800GT card.
    24/7 E5200@3850 1.25 HDT-S1283|G31M-S2C|2x2 Kingston CL6|500GB Samsung

Beans

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MultiseatX seems to be the best we have. It would be nice if it could be cleaned for 12.04+ and the udev configuration documented with an example. I followed this to mostly get it done with kdm starting a gnome session.

I suspect completely working with udev will get around the problem of input devices going dead until the next kdm restart. (It happens if unrelated usb devices are plugged in)

I've got a couple of low-end nvidia cards with hdmi on order. I think this will solve some audio device issues... usb audio has been flaky and audio over hdmi means less cable mess as well.

Beans

Re: Multiseat Ubuntu 12.04 [vs pulse]

I also see a problem that the audio device selection appears to be global.

So if you open "sound settings" from two different seats (logged in as different users), changing the output device on one seat takes effect on the other as well.

I followed the steps on the wiki https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MultiseatX to use a system-wide daemon. My users are in groups plugdev and pulse-access among others.

Beans

I expected switching from analog audio to the hdmi audio through my nvidia 8400s would clean up my setup, eliminate wires, etc. In theory it has, as long as after each boot I go into the pulse control panel hardware tab and change each hdmi audio adapter from the fourth "Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output" to the third one (??)
    Last edited by bmidgley; December 15th, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12