Thread: Problems running two unity based games (slender and reciever) under playonlinux

Beans

Problems running two unity based games (slender and reciever) under playonlinux

I recently reinstalled ubuntu on a new drive after having problems with the old one, and i've noticed a few problems in games; specifically to do with 32 bit and 64 bit libraries. I'm running a 64 bit machine, and i'm trying to run slender and receiver through playonlinux with this http://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-9111.html script - which worked fine on my previous install, however no matter what i do - i've tried reinstalling with no luck - i can't get the games to function. They always come up with this error:

Code:
    [POL_Wine_SetVersionEnv] Message: Setting wine version path: 1.4-rc4-raw3, x86
    [POL_Wine_SetVersionEnv] Message: "/home/james/.PlayOnLinux//wine/linux-x86/1.4-rc4-raw3" exists
    [POL_Wine] Message: Running wine-1.4-rc4-raw3 Receiver.exe
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
    err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
    fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
    fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
    fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
    err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"OPENGL32.dll": libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    err:module:import_dll Loading library OPENGL32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Receiver.exe") failed (error c000007a).
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Receiver.exe" failed, status c0000135
    [POL_Wine] Message: Wine return: 53
    Has anyone had this problem before? i've checked winemenybuilder.exe exists and i have 32 bit mesa installed too. Am i missing any GL libraries? If anyone knows anything about this i'd be grateful. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Problems running two unity based games (slender and reciever) under playonlinux

The games where not getting access to the 32 bit libraries. Solved.

I just:
    ~
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32
    When launching the games now

Beans

Re: Problems running two unity based games (slender and reciever) under playonlinux

Quote Originally Posted by javajames79 View Post
    The games where not getting access to the 32 bit libraries. Solved.

I just:
    ~
    Code:
    When launching the games now

Hi! I also experience the same error message when I try to install Slender using PlayonLinux. I'm really a noob, I'm not a programmer or whatever so I don't really understand these kinds of things. Anyway, may I ask what to you mean when you said "launching" the games? Where do you put in that code?

Sorry for the hassle. I really wanna play this game. Or at least have my sisters play it.

Beans

Ah no problem, unfortunately i tend to take the quicker more programatical approach to solving the problem - i.e. i have very few 32 bit games so i just added the line of code to script files i have for these games. In penumbras case:

Just change
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib
    to
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32:./lib
    in "~/PenumbraCollection/BlackPlague/blackplague" "~/PenumbraCollection/BlackPlague/requim" & "~/PenumbraCollection/Overtue/penumbra"

In PlayOnLinux you start games with:
    Code:
    /usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "[GAME]"
    So you can simple find out the name of the game, (its the one that shows up in the playonlinuxmenu, which is case sensitive btw.)

So if for example you installed slender with the slender playonlinux script it should be called "Slender", so open terminal and copy this in:

Code:
    /usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "Slender"

================

For a more permanent solution you can have the "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32" run on startup. (But with penumbra it overwrites the LD_LIBRARY_PATH completely i think so you may still need to change the penumbra scripts (sorry);

I'm not entirely sure how to run it on startup other than adding it to ones bashrc file. :S

If you have any further queries/problems don't hesitate to ask

EDIT: Can be added to .profile i think (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnvironmentVariables)
    Last edited by javajames79; August 28th, 2012 at 04:18 PM.