Thread: Unable to fastforward/rewind DVD played in VLC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unable to fastforward/rewind DVD played in VLC

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and I have a VIDEO_TS DVD structure on my computer that I edit in AviDemux and would like to make a new DVD from the resulting edited VOB. I do this in Devede and burn the reulting ISO in K3B.

The problem is that I am unable to fastforward/rewind the original VIDEO_TS, when played in VLC, and this problem is also present in the resulting edited and burned DVD above. I suspect that the original DVD was somehow wrongly encoded, thus the problem. Now I am trying to fix it.

I can play through the whole DVD fine if I am not fastforwarding/rewinding/pausing during the play.

I have searched the Internet but I really could not find anything relevant, that is why I post here. I know it might be the wrong place to do so, but I am hoping there are some knowledgable people in here that can at least point me into the right direction.

I am thinking that, if it is possible, the ffmpeg should be the tool I need to use to fix the problem, but unfortunately, I am still a beginner at ffmpeg.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping!

Thank you in advance!
    Intel Core i7 860 2,8 GHz - 8 GB DDR3 - 1,5 TB SATA 3G - nVidia GeForce GTX 260 1,8 GB - Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro

Re: Unable to fastforward/rewind DVD played in VLC

Bump
    Intel Core i7 860 2,8 GHz - 8 GB DDR3 - 1,5 TB SATA 3G - nVidia GeForce GTX 260 1,8 GB - Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro

Re: Unable to fastforward/rewind DVD played in VLC

Hi again,

I realize that my original question belongs more in a dedicated video forum than here, so I posted the more detailed question describing the problem, here:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...49#post2181049

if anyone is interested to help, I am very open to suggestions on how to fix the problem. Please take a look at my post on videohelp forum above if you have time.

Thanks!