Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Latest Humble Bundle is Out! Android 3

Beans

Re: Latest Humble Bundle is Out! Android 3

Quote Originally Posted by shreepads View Post
    World of Goo downloaded via Software Centre (from the Humble Bundle link, which directed me to a Launchpad site for login, which then presented links, which in turn opened Software Centre where I clicked buy, re-entered my Launchpad creds again and then started the download and install)... Phew!
    Same approach for Osmos, working perfectly.. So far....

Intel C2D E7200 || Intel DG33FB mobo || 4 GB RAM || 64 bit Lucid/ Precise Desktops || WD Caviar Black 1TB, Green 2TB; Corsair Force 3 60GB
    Dell U2412M || Palit Sonic GT 240 (OC'd NVidia card) || Logitech Quickcam Connect || Acer 3300U Scanner

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

World of Goo downloaded via Software Centre (from the Humble Bundle link, which directed me to a Launchpad site for login, which then presented links, which in turn opened Software Centre where I clicked buy, re-entered my Launchpad creds again and then started the download and install)... Phew!

But it's working ferpectly!!

EDIT: Hmmmm spoke too soon, on running the second time the left side launcher panel continued to be displayed after launching Goo (which went fullscreen) distracting from the play experience...
    1. Go to /opt/world-of-goo/properties
    2. Copy config.txt to .WorldOfGoo in your home folder (hidden).
    3. Open afterwards the copied config file with a text editor.
    4. Change:

<param name="screen_width" value="800" />
    <param name="screen_height" value="600" />

So it fit your monitor resolution.
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; August 29th, 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    1. Go to /opt/world-of-goo/properties
    2. Copy config.txt to .WorldOfGoo in your home folder (hidden).
    3. Open afterwards the copied config file with a text editor.
    4. Change:

<param name="screen_width" value="800" />
    <param name="screen_height" value="600" />

So it fit your monitor resolution.
    Thanks, that makes it look a lot better (at 1920x1200)... But I think there is a separate underlying defect in Unity...

I was unable to reproduce that defect again (at original 800x600) despite trying several times.

But then I got a new problem, after running Goo if I do a Lock Screen, the Lock Screen window is a small 800x600 window in the top left corner of the screen, instead of taking over the whole screen space. See attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intel C2D E7200 || Intel DG33FB mobo || 4 GB RAM || 64 bit Lucid/ Precise Desktops || WD Caviar Black 1TB, Green 2TB; Corsair Force 3 60GB
    Dell U2412M || Palit Sonic GT 240 (OC'd NVidia card) || Logitech Quickcam Connect || Acer 3300U Scanner

Beans

Thanks, that makes it look a lot better (at 1920x1200)... But I think there is a separate underlying defect in Unity...

I was unable to reproduce that defect again (at original 800x600) despite trying several times.

But then I got a new problem, after running Goo if I do a Lock Screen, the Lock Screen window is a small 800x600 window in the top left corner of the screen, instead of taking over the whole screen space. See attached...
    I change my resolution doing the same steps and had no problem with the lock screen. Using ubuntu 12.04 with unity and OPEN SOURCE drivers. Did you try that?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cerda View Post
    I change my resolution doing the same steps and had no problem with the lock screen. Using ubuntu 12.04 with unity and OPEN SOURCE drivers. Did you try that?
    Yes, same here, changing Goo's res makes the lock screen problem go away...

But there still is a defect here if running games that go fullscreen at a lower res causes the lock screen to behave like that even after the desktop is restored to full res once the game is over...

Re open source drivers, going a little OT, but they are no good for my setup and am using the propriatary NVidia drivers from the repositories.. Have documented in detail here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1971029

And filed a Launchpad bug here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...au/+bug/993907

Beans

Fieldrunners still not in Ubuntu Software Centre..

Downloaded 64 bit .deb (fieldrunners_1.0.0-4_64bit.deb) from the Humble Bundle site and installed.

Working fine, though I guess I won't get any updates automatically.

Running in windowed more, which is fine, but anyone know how to change res (not available in in-game options)?

Beans

When I got uplink in the HumbleBundle, an error message "The Screen size is too small" continuously popping up.
    My tablet is 7", I can see the game loading in the background with sound/animation all working.

Beans

Fieldrunners still not in Ubuntu Software Centre..

Downloaded 64 bit .deb (fieldrunners_1.0.0-4_64bit.deb) from the Humble Bundle site and installed.

Working fine, though I guess I won't get any updates automatically.

Running in windowed more, which is fine, but anyone know how to change res (not available in in-game options)?
    Tried to install same FieldRunners .deb in Lucid 10.04.4 but got a package version dependency error on libasound2:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libasound2 (>= 1.0.23)
    Tried force install via command line

Code:
    $ sudo dpkg -i --force-depends-version fieldrunners_1.0.0-4_64bit.deb
    Installed fine (while reporting package version mismatch).

While running sound was garbled (as expected) and gameplay was much faster then expected. But it also broke Update Manager so 'Removed Completely' from Synaptic (which identified it quite handily as a broken package)..

I do wish the Humble Bundle system requirements page for Linux would specify such things in more detail..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234