Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sony Brightness not working

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Sony Brightness not working

Quote Originally Posted by MRCRUSHER View Post
    So should I change the title of this topic back to unsolved? Because the current solution is the workaround but not the actual solution.
    That's your choice, and you're very welcome to mark this thread as solved or not depending on whether you would like to see more suggestions.

Sometimes you'll only ever get a workaround rather than a true solution with some hardware. There is such a huge variety of hardware out there, that it is amazing that so much works out of the box anyway. Unfortunately Sony seems to use a number of different implementations for its function keys. For my first Vaio (2004 or thereabouts) I had to use an ugly hack to get the Fn keys to work at all. With my second (about 2009) the Fn keys worked out of the box with every version of Ubuntu that I tried - except 10.10 for some reason. And with my current Vaio with nvidia graphics, only the brightness keys don't work, but that is partially solved with the "fix" I posted earlier, and I'm sorry to hear it didn't work with your machine. Even that fix is partially unsatisfactory. The brightness setting is not remembered between reboots, although I confess I haven't had the energy to try to hunt down a solution to that as well, so the fix I use is really only a workaround.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hi ,
    if you want , edit your first post and linked this workaround (here is the link http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...6&postcount=54 ) cuz its difficult for someone to find it .. 60 answers in here.
    Thanks

Beans

OK, done. Thank you for suggestion.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Marric View Post
    your integrated graphics controller does not show up. It's probably disabled in the bios. Try to activate it there (both cards).
    Please output
    Code:
    lsmod | grep i915

I am using the following command and it i s working for me:
    xrandr --output LVDS1 --brightness 0.8

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567