Thread: OwnCloud PHP GD Errors on 10.04

Beans

OwnCloud PHP GD Errors on 10.04

Hello,

I am trying to get OwnCloud running on Ubuntu Server 10.04. I installed the php5-gd package and restarted Apache, but I am still getting a "PHP module GD is not installed" error. If I run a test case, it shows that GD is installed using the same logic that OwnCloud appears to use to detect it in lib/util.php (as the code snippet below returns "GD is installed"). Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Code:
    echo '<?php if(function_exists("imagepng")){echo "GD is installed\n";}else{echo "GD is not installed\n";} ?>' | php
    Thanks,
    Daryl

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: OwnCloud PHP GD Errors on 10.04

Create a page in the website directory with just this line of code:

Code:
    <?php phpinfo()?>
    and view it with your browser. If the module has loaded correctly, you'll see a section of the resulting page that lists the module and its defined parameters.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You can also try restarting Apache just to make sure it's loading everything:
    Code:
    sudo apache2ctl restart

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Create a page in the website directory with just this line of code:

Code:
    <?php phpinfo()?>
    and view it with your browser. If the module has loaded correctly, you'll see a section of the resulting page that lists the module and its defined parameters.
    I don't see any information showing up about the GD module in the info page. Is there something else I need to do in addition to installing it (apt-get install php5-gd) and restarting Apache? For some reason function_exists("imagepng") returns true.

"gd" also shows up in the list when I run "php -m"
    Last edited by daryl314; August 16th, 2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: additional information

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The command-line version of php is independent of the php module for Apache, so it won't give you the correct answer.

On my system, the file /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/gd.ini contains the following code to activate the module:

Code:
    ; configuration for php GD module
    extension=gd.so
    Does that file exist on your server? If not, try just creating it manually, then restart apache, and see if that helps.

Beans

Creating gd.so worked for me. For some reason it wasn't installed with php5-gd.

Thanks!