Thread: how to recover mp4 video from phone memory card?

Beans

how to recover mp4 video from phone memory card?

Hi, I want to recover videos mp4 files from memory card of my sony ericsson K660i, I have installed backtrack 5 and ubuntu studio on my laptop.

first problem is my phone is not recognized like dev/sdb or similar, then it is mounted and I can't find it in devices. when I slick inside and use properties of an image in my memory card, I get this:
    location: gphoto2://[usb:001,005]/store_00020001/DCIM/100MSDCF
    volume: K660i

so, if I use any software (foremost and similar) I must type path to the folder where software should search for deleted files.

how to instruct any software to recover files from this folder 100MSDCF?

Beans

Re: how to recover mp4 video from phone memory card?

Try connecting to the phone with Bluetooth instead. I have two phones that won't mount as USB mass storage devices, but I can run file transfers over Bluetooth from them. It'll be slow, but it works.

Beans

Hi, thanx for answer but I need to use command line to tell to software to recover deleted files from memory card of my phone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you cant mount your phone memory via usb in mass storage mode then perhaps you should try a card reader.

Once connected I'd recommend using photorec to recover deleted files.
    Try not to use your phone in the mean time in case you overwrite the deleted file.

Beans

Hi

You can recover mp4 videos from your phone memory card, iPod, Pen drive etc by making use of media recovery tool. By using this software I was able to restore deleted mov files from ipod nano. So, first you can download demo version of this software in your Windows computer and check it.