Thread: Please allow me to post in "Absolute Beginners" forum

Beans

Please allow me to post in "Absolute Beginners" forum

I'm not sure why I should have to say mother-may-I to post a help topic in a forum, but my posts have repeatedly been moved to a backwater forum where no one reads them. In the last twelve hours I think 3 people have viewed my thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7#post12165667) because it is stuck in a sub-forum with next to no activity. I just want to be allowed to create a post in the Beginners forum, which seems sensible also because hey, I'm a beginner.

Thank you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Please allow me to post in "Absolute Beginners" forum

To keep the forums organized, there are subforums for topics such as servers, networking, Gaming & Leisure... to name a few.
    Your thread was moved to the area that it best fit - and where it was more likely to receive attention/response.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

So in other words no, I won't be allowed to post my problem in the Beginners forum even if I remove the original post?

All I'm trying to do is connect with people who are willing to help me out. Based on the response that I have gotten so far - which I am almost completely unable to understand - I do not think that that will happen in Emulators.

If you have your own copy of Ascendancy in a directory, so with ASCEND.EXE in it, you can skip the first command. Then only running 'dosemu ASCEND.EXE' in that directory should be enough.
    Maybe this is a language problem but I don't know what this means.

By using a different method: by using the tool 'dosemu'. I have no errors; it just works. YMMV.
    Or this.

As I originally stated, I have spent several days working on this problem on my own, done dozens of google searches, tried three different emulator approaches. I'm just trying to connect with people who are willing to graciously help me. Is it too much to ask that I would be allowed to post this question in Absolute Beginners forum without it being moved?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I'm just trying to connect with people who are willing to graciously help me. Is it too much to ask that I would be allowed to post this question in Absolute Beginners forum without it being moved?
    Short blunt answer: No.

Long answer: One of the staff job is to put threads in the right category. As people who uses emulators likely will browse through our emulator forum, than beginners forum (which is geared more towards native stuff) it's the best suited in the emulators forum.

It may feel inconvenient for you, but we have rules and regulations that you have to follow, as do we.

The technical stuff you posted I won't start to answer as it doesn't belong here. If you get a respond you don't understand, then ask into it in your thread. There's no embarrassing to say in a thread that your a new.
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; August 12th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.