Thread: Skype constantly resizing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Skype constantly resizing.

Is anyone else using the latest available Skype (4.x) and experiencing this? Basically, it seems to be resizing itself from the login page where you type in your password to the time it actually logs in. I have resized it at the login page (to be wider) several times but as soon as I close and open it again, it is the same skinny size AGAIN.....The logged in size seems to be persistent however, which is good.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?
    613websites.com Canadian Web Design and Hosting

Beans
    Distro

Re: Skype constantly resizing.

Is nobody else using Skype 4.x seeing this?

What I mean it, before you login, Skype is skinny and enlarges itself when logged in. I am trying to stretch the window before I login and I can, but it does not save the height/length when closing because it is skinny again when I reopen it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I've been using it for a while now and I never noticed that, because I think the default size is just fine. I am afraid you have to resize it every time you log in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

you might not want to use Skype there has been millions of people to have there Skype accounts hacked. plus there is not allot of customer service either just a thought here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I use Skype 4.x i don,t have a problem with the size of the log in box, i can make the box larger then log in and my contact list will be the size i set the log-in box to, but on logging out the log-in box reverts to default, it's not really an issue for me though The people who got hacked were windows users, that said since Microsoft bought it, it has been really glitchy.
    Totally 1 million% converted -

i'm sorry.......... Microwho?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fractalman View Post
    i can make the box larger then log in and my contact list will be the size i set the log-in box to, but on logging out the log-in box reverts to default.
    Exact issue I am talking about, thank you for confirming the bug.

And yes, Skype for me is important for my business nor do I need support as I can handle things myself so switching to another application is not an option....