Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Default Screenshot App Bug?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Default Screenshot App Bug?

Hey guys, I don't remember the name of the default screenshot package but I think there is a bug with it and I am wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing or can confirm it....Basically, whenever you have any dropdown loaded from the top menu bar (where the clock, speakers, network icon, etc are) and you try to take a screenshot, it just does nothing.....

I am having an issue with a top menu bar icon and I am trying to take a screenshot of it to better describe the issue so this is very annoying. Anyone else seeing this or can confirm it?
    613websites.com Canadian Web Design and Hosting

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Default Screenshot App Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post
    Hey guys, I don't remember the name of the default screenshot package but I think there is a bug with it and I am wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing or can confirm it....Basically, whenever you have any dropdown loaded from the top menu bar (where the clock, speakers, network icon, etc are) and you try to take a screenshot, it just does nothing.....

I am having an issue with a top menu bar icon and I am trying to take a screenshot of it to better describe the issue so this is very annoying. Anyone else seeing this or can confirm it?
    You may have to use interactive mode.
    Run this from a terminal:
    Code:
    gnome-screenshot -i
    And use "delay" as explained here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=screen
    Last edited by vasa1; August 11th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the reply but;

1) I'd like to do this with the stock screenshot app (just by pressing prt scr on my keyboard) and that's how it should work.

2) That method still does not work. The dropdown is only shown when there is focus on it, so it closes the second I hit take screenshot (even when using interactive mode) and is NOT captured. Try it for yourself and see.

Beans
    Distro

1) I'd like to do this with the stock screenshot app (just by pressing prt scr on my keyboard) and that's how it should work.

2) That method still does not work. The dropdown is only shown when there is focus on it, so it closes the second I hit take screenshot (even when using interactive mode) and is NOT captured. Try it for yourself and see.
    That's why you need to use a delay

Beans
    Distro

All the best with that.

Beans
    Distro

The delay doesn't help, it comes to the same result. As soon as I hit "Take Screenshot" the top menu icon dropdown closes because I am switching focus to the gnome-screenshot -interactive window

Beans

May be try Shutter instead: http://shutter-project.org/about/
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans
    Distro

The delay doesn't help, it comes to the same result. As soon as I hit "Take Screenshot" the top menu icon dropdown closes because I am switching focus to the gnome-screenshot -interactive window
    Set the delay to 10 sec (when you get more comfortable you may reduce it). THEN make your drop down menu appear and just wait....

Beans

It may be overkill but you will find infinitely more options available to you for both taking a screenshot and also processing the resulting image by using the screen capture facility of gimp. Found at:

File --> Create --> Screenshot

Sorry can't help mending the default screenshot maker .

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Set the delay to 10 sec (when you get more comfortable you may reduce it). THEN make your drop down menu appear and just wait....
    Ah, that makes sense now....This might be the only solution as I don't want to use a 3rd party app like shutter. However, still kinda lame that the default screenshot package has such an issue (does nothing when a top menu dropdown is shown)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast