Thread: How to delete launchers from taskbar in 12.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question How to delete launchers from taskbar in 12.04?

Previous thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1961701
    In Ubuntu 12.04 pressing and holding alt is not working!
    --
    Tito Dutta

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How to delete launchers from taskbar in 12.04?

Same as original poster. My son when to some website (naturally without my permission) and now I have four globe icons (meaning internet) on the taskbar. I tried to get rid of them by going into each icon's properties, but there is no delete. I tried editing them out...No dice. So now I came to the forum and I found this post and the proposed solution to holding the 'Alt' button doesn't work as mentioned.

I would appreciate any solution to get rid of these launcher icons.

Furthermore, one of my reasons for switching to Ubuntu (over MS Windows) was to get away from spyware / malaware and virii. I thought that Linux was nearly impervious to any kind of spyware or malware. Why were these icons created on the taskbar in the first place?

Thank You,

Geo
    Exit Light, Enter Night, Take My Hand, We're Off To Never Never Land.
    As the Fios Flea says, "W-O-W"!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't know why your son created those extra icons on your Launcher. This is not a virus.

If you are using Unity, right click the extra icons and choose "Unlock from Launcher" to remove them.

If you are using Gnome Fallback like the person who posted the original message in this thread, I think you need to hold down Alt and the Windows key, then right click on the icon and click Delete From Panel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    I don't know why your son created those extra icons on your Launcher. This is not a virus.
    My son didn't create the icons...he is only 6. He was in a Sonic-Tails game site and that site AUTOMATICALLY created the icons on the panel. Most of the icons created were advertisements.

If you are using Unity, right click the extra icons and choose "Unlock from Launcher" to remove them.

If you are using Gnome Fallback like the person who posted the original message in this thread, I think you need to hold down Alt and the Windows key, then right click on the icon and click Delete From Panel.
    Yes, I am using Gnome Fallback and Windows Key + Alt + Alt DID bring up the Delete From Panel Option.

I guess we this can be marked as solved, but I guess the OP would have to do that, right?

Thank You,

Geo
    Exit Light, Enter Night, Take My Hand, We're Off To Never Never Land.
    As the Fios Flea says, "W-O-W"!