Thread: Can't connect to wireless network, passwordbox will display over and over again.

Beans

Arrow Can't connect to wireless network, passwordbox will display over and over again.

Hello everyone!

A couple of days ago I bought a new Netgear N600 WNDA3100v2, which I tried to install according to the little guide @ http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1964173.

However I've not managed to connect to the wireless network since the passwordbox will show up over and over again, prompting me to write the correct password or passphrase for the network.

I really need my wireless adapter to work since I don't have any possibilities to drag any ethernet cables to my computer.

I have recently converted to linuxeism so I'm quite new.
    I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, WPA2-PSK encryption on the network,

and when I use lsusb

i get: Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0846:9011 NetGear, Inc. WNDA3100v2 802.11abgn [Broadcom BCM4323].

I really appreciate all help I can get, and big thanks in advance!

//Egonosaur

Beans

Re: Can't connect to wireless network, passwordbox will display over and over again.

Hi,

Out of curiosity, is your ISP BT? Are you able to connect to other networks?

If it is BT, check this thread. The fixes haven't worked very well for me, but I hope they do for you:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-...tu/td-p/176473

Beans

Re: Can't connect to wireless network, passwordbox will display over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMale View Post
    Hi,

Out of curiosity, is your ISP BT? Are you able to connect to other networks?

If it is BT, check this thread. The fixes haven't worked very well for me, but I hope they do for you:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-...tu/td-p/176473
    Hi there!
    Nope, my ISP is not British Telecom, and I have connectivity from the router to Internet, I tried to connect to my other wireless router yesterday, and both of them are using wireless passwords,
    and the computer does the same thing with the passwordboxes. (Tries to connect and pops up a new passwordbox again)

Thanks for your interest

Beans

bump

Beans

any ideas?

Beans

no ideas?

Beans

if you search the forum for your device's pci id '0846:9011' it looks like others have had to use ndiswrapper to make this device work

you will need to get the correct windows driver (either 32 bit or 64 bit depending which you're running)

I've never needed to use ndiswrapper so I'll leave the detailed steps for someone else

hope this helps