Thread: User Reporting in Addition to Post Reporting

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question User Reporting in Addition to Post Reporting

Quick question: Is there an effective way in place to report users rather than just simply reporting their posts? It seems that often these spam posters will come in and flood several subforums with spam, and rather than reporting each individual post (which I sort of remember mods saying somewhere was less than ideal for them), it might be better to be able to report a spam poster. I can't find any function, if it currently exists, though.

Does it exist, and if not, would it be something worthwhile (or at even possible!) to implement?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: User Reporting in Addition to Post Reporting

Report the user once. The mods will mop up the other posts that they have.
    "All right amatuer hour's over. Let me show you why they call me the Velour Fog...."
    .:GitHub:.|.:Dropbox:.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

No - there is no way to do so at present.

It is possible that you're remembering the situation a few weeks ago when there were 2 of us online and as many reporting spams as spammers spamming - if you follow me - it was hard to keep up

In addition to which we were getting PMs as well

Generally we tend to check for posts/threads by spammers.

Don't worry too much about going to look for other posts to report - BUT if you wish to do so then do so

We'll not complain - at the end of the day everyone relies on everyone else to help deal with spam. No-one wants them here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

As chamber posted, just reporting a post or user once is normally all that is needed. When we review a reported post for spam, we check the number of posts. Normally a spammer doesn't last long on the forum and has only made the initial post.

If we find multiple posts, we generally can 'bulk' inspect them and remove them all with just a few keystrokes.

Thanks for helping to make the Ubuntu Forums as friendly and spam-free as possible.
    Back to Xorg...

Retired.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Great! Thanks for the info and clarifications. I definitely want to make sure I do what's most convenient for you guys and what's best for the Forum in general.

Thanks again!