Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wine on Lucid

Beans

Wine on Lucid

I installed Wine from my terminal.
    It worked well. I tried playing my favourite game 'Plants vs. Zombies' from my hard disk from which I used to play it on my Windows.
    The game didnt respond properly on Wine. The entire screen froze and I had to reboot my system.
    I tried playing it next time on my windows. I encountered the same problem. I am wondering what is wrong..
    Can anybody help? Pls?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wine on Lucid

have a look here for any additional instructions: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=9657

you might also check play on linux which is a GUI front end for wine with plenty preconfigured stuff.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

Cant I get any windows game in a format that is runnable on my lucid without having to use Wine?

Beans

What is your interest in lucid? Why aren't you using a more recent OS?

Beans

I want to install the most recent version but I dont have a proper internet connection. I am using my mobile to access internet on my laptop. I have successfully installed all the updates and upgrades with the slow mobile internet.
    I am a software person, want to know more about the unix environment, but seems like the theory I learnt back at my college doesnt reflect anything in my hands-on experience.
    I am trying to learn what I can about the unix environment and since this is an open source, I love it.

Beans

I got the free cd when lucid was released that was back at 2011 I guess..they dont give free cds anymore. I had installed lucid on dual boot nearly 3 times but I was never really able to use it to my wish. Now I am free and I am enjoying my lucid..

Beans

Smile Re: Wine on Lucid

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    have a look here for any additional instructions: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=9657

you might also check play on linux which is a GUI front end for wine with plenty preconfigured stuff.
    Thanks for the info.
    Why am I not able to open the adobe photoshop of my windows 7 with wine on lucid?
    I am wondering..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lingadharini View Post
    I want to install the most recent version but I dont have a proper internet connection. I am using my mobile to access internet on my laptop. I have successfully installed all the updates and upgrades with the slow mobile internet...
    Makes sense. I put off even looking at Ubuntu until I got "unlimited" internet (even though the speed is a bit sucky).

Beans

Also I love the interface and the looks of the ubuntu system..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

To use a program with Wine you have to install it within your Ubuntu system, you can't just use Wine to run a copy that you have already installed within Windows.

To do this just run the installer using Wine.
    Cheesemill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast