Thread: PC 64bit vs Mac 64bit on Mac in VM

Beans

PC 64bit vs Mac 64bit on Mac in VM

What is the difference between lubuntu's standard PC 64bit version and the Mac 64bit version? I'm going to be running it in a VM on my mac, so either will probably work, but I was wondering what the differences are and if one would work better.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: PC 64bit vs Mac 64bit on Mac in VM

I'd assume the mac-specific version uses a mac-friendly bootloader, in which case the difference is irrelevant when you run it in a virtual machine. (actually for VM use you'd probably want the PC version which is more likely to be supported by the virtualization application you use)

Beans

Re: PC 64bit vs Mac 64bit on Mac in VM

Quote Originally Posted by mcduck View Post
    I'd assume the mac-specific version uses a mac-friendly bootloader, in which case the difference is irrelevant when you run it in a virtual machine. (actually for VM use you'd probably want the PC version which is more likely to be supported by the virtualization application you use)
    Thanks for the reply. I think you're right that the PC version will probably work best for virtualization, so I'll go with that right now. In case I might install it on my actual machine, does anyone know what the specific differences are?