Thread: Help me to choose a cms for web developement

Beans

Help me to choose a cms for web developement

I am want to start to use content management cms.
    I don't know witch one is the best.
    Dupral ?
    WordPress
    Joomla ?
    or a different one
    What you sugest ?
    Tks

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Help me to choose a cms for web developement

Beans

Popularity: If you check Google Trends for searches, Wordpress is just a bit ahead of Joomla, but Drupal is far behind. It does differ by country where Joomla is ahead in some places.

Licensing costs: no idea. Probably depends on which features you need/want, although I think the base functionality is free for all of them.

Code architecture: Install each CMS and then examine the source code for each within a "timebox", e.g. one day. You should account for the fact that you'll probably understand the third one you examine quicker than the first one. Anyway, code architecture is rather subjective as to which you may prefer and is probably dependent on your previous projects.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what is best. I am just mentioning some things you might consider. My only experience is with Wordpress's free version on their website and I chose it because my local library is teaching some classes about it.

Beans

When you consider all the pluses and minuses, Squarespace is probably the best deal. The $5/mo hosting account I was using was hacked into a couple of times which was a big headache. I then moved to SS. No security issues, no backup issues, it just works.