Thread: Touchpad stops working after configuring Huawei Mobile Broadband Modem

Beans

Touchpad stops working after configuring Huawei Mobile Broadband Modem

Hi all,
    Today I was trying to install and configure my Huawei e1550 Mobile Broadband Modem on ubuntu 12.04.
    After jolting for almost an hour following thread/instructions on forums, I have lost my functional touchpad.

Also, I tried to uninstall the installed packages and the setting I had made in trying to give life to my modem.

I did this:

1>Followed the procedure given here (fail)

2> then installed wicd network manager (try failed)
    this did not interfere with my wireless in any way..was working fine.

3> then installed gnome-ppp dialer (try failed)
    was not able to recognize my modem in its dropdown menu.

Suddenly after a laptop restart or 2 first my system frooze..I had to hard reset my system..and after that suddenly my touchpad stopped working.. :'(
    I tried restarting, logging out of the system but to no avail.

Even I tried to un-install everything that I had done above then too I am not able to work it out.

Also, I tried running a live mode of another distro (based-off ubuntu) and in that too my touchpad din't worked..no response..right/left click..its totally dead :'(

I guess I have fried my touchpad on a laptop barely a day old (am writing this from my older Dell Inspiron; newer one is a Toshiba C850-P5010).

What should I do now..? I have googled out a similar bug report here which dealt with modem manager's bug?

Till now I have also tried reinstalling the modemmanager package from synaptic package manager but again..its a fail..

Any help would be appreciated.. :'( please do reply back
    Regards,
    sky70

Beans

Re: Touchpad stops working after configuring Huawei Mobile Broadband Modem

11 reads but not a single suggestion..
    well...