Thread: Mouse over audio playback in ubuntu 12.04?

Beans

Mouse over audio playback in ubuntu 12.04?

Hello I was wondering what happened to that wonderful audio playback feature in earlier ubuntu versions. You used to be able to hover the mouse pointer over an audio file and it would play up to 60-90 seconds I believe. This was especially useful when I was running my table top RPG games with my group and it was great for playing quick sound effects such as a car engine or a gunshot. It seems that feature isn't in ubuntu 12.04 x64 edition. Is there a way I can possibly enable this feature from earlier Ubuntu versions?

Beans

Re: Mouse over audio playback in ubuntu 12.04?

Anyone know how to enable this? I see its been about 100 views and obviously no replies. Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi

This function has disappeared from Nautilus the file manager, but you can preview files (including audio and video files) using a package called gnome-sushi which is in the Ubuntu Software Centre. Once gnome-sushi is installed left click on the file you want to preview (to select it) and use the space bar to turn the preview on and off.

Beans

Well its a work around and I appreciate it, thank you. Odd that they removed that feature from Ubuntu. I'll mark it as solved. Now if I could just get some assistance in my moving from Server 2008 to Ubuntu server thread. But I may just use Ubuntu Desktop for my Server OS.