Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AU
    Beans
    168
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    I haven't read the whole thread, but it looks like it can't find a mysql.txt

    Lester

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Beans
    16

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    ^c killed the process, no wonder it dodn't start!

    Have you tried with a different themepainter.
    Code:
    mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt
    or opengl
    Tried that this is from terminal

    jeff@htpc:~$ mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt
    QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649231 C mythfrontend version: fixes/0.25 [v0.25] www.mythtv.org
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649310 N Enabled verbose msgs: general
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649402 N Setting Log Level to LOG_INFO
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649566 I Added logging to the console
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649659 I Added syslogging to facility local7
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649685 I Added database logging to table logging
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.650143 N Setting up SIGHUP handler
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.651031 N Using runtime prefix = /usr
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.651548 N Using configuration directory = /home/jeff/.mythtv
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.652386 I Assumed character encoding: en_US.UTF-8
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.654007 N Empty LocalHostName.
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.654058 I Using localhost value of htpc
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.654456 I Testing network connectivity to '192.168.1.200'
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.656814 I Starting process manager
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.656968 I Starting process signal handler
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.661905 I Starting IO manager (write)
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.662149 I Starting IO manager (read)
    ^C
    jeff@htpc:~$ ^C
    jeff@htpc:~$

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Beans
    16

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by Lester_Burnham View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but it looks like it can't find a mysql.txt

    Lester
    Can you help me troubleshoot this?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc7186 View Post
    Tried that this is from terminal

    jeff@htpc:~$ mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt
    QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649231 C mythfrontend version: fixes/0.25 [v0.25] www.mythtv.org
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649310 N Enabled verbose msgs: general
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649402 N Setting Log Level to LOG_INFO
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649566 I Added logging to the console
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649659 I Added syslogging to facility local7
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.649685 I Added database logging to table logging
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.650143 N Setting up SIGHUP handler
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.651031 N Using runtime prefix = /usr
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.651548 N Using configuration directory = /home/jeff/.mythtv
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.652386 I Assumed character encoding: en_US.UTF-8
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.654007 N Empty LocalHostName.
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.654058 I Using localhost value of htpc
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.654456 I Testing network connectivity to '192.168.1.200'
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.656814 I Starting process manager
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.656968 I Starting process signal handler
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.661905 I Starting IO manager (write)
    2012-08-21 21:28:59.662149 I Starting IO manager (read)
    ^C
    jeff@htpc:~$ ^C
    jeff@htpc:~$
    have you tried opengl?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AU
    Beans
    168
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc7186 View Post
    Can you help me troubleshoot this?
    Not really, the guys you got on it already know 100 times more than me about mythtv
    Are you running the standard mythbuntu desktop?

    Lester

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Beans
    16

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    have you tried opengl?
    I am not sure. Where or how do I select it or turn it on or off? Thank you

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Beans
    16

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by Lester_Burnham View Post
    Not really, the guys you got on it already know 100 times more than me about mythtv
    Are you running the standard mythbuntu desktop?

    Lester
    Running latest version of mythtv and mythbuntu. Fresh install of FE trying to connect to a working BE.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Beans
    248

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc7186 View Post
    I am not sure. Where or how do I select it or turn it on or off? Thank you
    mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=opengl

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Beans
    16

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousdog View Post
    mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=opengl
    Tried this and same result. Any other ideas?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Beans
    16

    Re: Frontendend will not launch after fresh install

    Here is my latest


    jeff@htpc:~$ mythfrontend -v all
    QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.448330 C mythfrontend version: fixes/0.25 [v0.25.2-15-g46cab93] www.mythtv.org
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.448416 C Qt version: compile: 4.8.1, runtime: 4.8.1
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.448433 N Enabled verbose msgs: all
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.448525 N Setting Log Level to LOG_INFO
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.448695 I Added logging to the console
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.448809 I Added syslogging to facility local7
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.448840 I Added database logging to table logging
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.449217 N Setting up SIGHUP handler
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.449620 N Using runtime prefix = /usr
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.449743 N Using configuration directory = /home/jeff/.mythtv
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.450217 E (old)Settings::ReadSettings(settings.txt) - No such file settings.txt
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.450777 I Assumed character encoding: en_US.UTF-8
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.452100 E (old)Settings::ReadSettings(settings.txt) - No such file settings.txt
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.452298 E (old)Settings::ReadSettings(settings.txt) - No such file settings.txt
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.452403 E (old)Settings::ReadSettings(/usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt) - No such file /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.452481 E (old)Settings::ReadSettings(/usr/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt) - No such file /usr/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.453188 E (old)Settings::ReadSettings(./mysql.txt) - No such file ./mysql.txt
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.453418 N Empty LocalHostName.
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.453461 I Using localhost value of htpc
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.453516 I Clearing Settings Cache.
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.454393 I DefaultUPnP() - No default UPnP backend
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.454478 I Testing network connectivity to '192.168.1.200'
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.469473 I Managed child (PID: 2763) has started! * command=ping -t 3 -c 1 192.168.1.200 >/dev/null 2>&1, timeout=0
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.469862 I Starting process signal handler
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.470708 I Starting IO manager (write)
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.470851 I Starting IO manager (read)
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.471292 I Starting process manager
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.571598 I Managed child (PID: 2763) has exited! command=ping -t 3 -c 1 192.168.1.200 >/dev/null 2>&1, status=0, result=0
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.620616 I Clearing Settings Cache.
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.679580 I Database connection created: DBManager0
    2012-08-22 20:07:25.679704 I New DB connection, total: 1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •