Thread: Hotkeys no longer work with Gnome 3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hotkeys no longer work with Gnome 3

My volume hotkeys and launch terminal hotkeys are no longer responding even though xev is picking them up just fine.

Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Hotkeys no longer work with Gnome 3

I have also noticed this problem. I have been unable to fix it but a my work around is [Super Key] > T > [Enter] (Pressed one after the other not all together).

More testing has found a solution. Open the Keyboard app. Select the "Shortcuts" tab. Select "Launchers" in the left hand pane. Change the shortcut key sequence to something new e.g. [Ctrl] [Alt] R. (This is because I can't find a way to disable it). Then click on the "+" at the bottom of the window. This will bring up the "Custom shortcut" menu. For name type "Gnome Terminal" (or whatever you like) for command enter "gnome-terminal" and click "Apply". In the right window click on the "Disabled" word in the "Gnome Terminal" line and enter [Ctrl] [Alt] T. Then test it out.
    Last edited by cogier; August 5th, 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Found another way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Hotkeys no longer work with Gnome 3

That's what I've done in the past, the custom keybindings don't work once these symptoms appear.