Thread: Problem in Unity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Problem in Unity

Oh it's some days I feel I have some problems in my unity which never happened before. I use Ubuntu 12.04 and I unlock the Libreoffice from my unity. when I open the software Libreoffice and after when I minimize it I can't find Libreoffice icon or sign in unity to do something about it. I have not to minimze it or lock Libreoffice to unity. I have this problem for some other softwares like "Gespeaker". What do u suggest?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Problem in Unity

Happens at random to me as well. I have no idea why.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problem in Unity

There are numerous other desktop environments you can use if you so choose if you just feel Unity is buggy in general. I'd recommend XFCE (in Xubuntu) if you want to stick with one of the bigger ones for its customizability and efficiency or Enlightenment if you don't mind it being in development and having problems occasionally because it is really pretty and cool (and also extremely customizable).

Alternatively, if you just want to figure out this one specific issue in Unity, try opening up the Gnome System Monitor next time this happens and check whether the program is still running and vanished somehow or if it just crashed.