I have been an Amazon Prime member for quite some time and was pleased when they made a bunch of their streaming media available for free to Prime members. I've watched a number of movies there over the past few months, until the other night.

Now I get a error message saying that I need to upgrade my version of Flash. Of course as we all know, there are no later versions of Flash for Linux besides 11.2 r202 that is in the partner repository packaged as "adobe-flashplugin". That's because Adobe has discontinued its support of Flash on the Linux platform.

I tried installing the version of libflashplayer.so that's available on Adobe's site. The version I downloaded (in the tar.gz package) was 10.2, a full version behind the one in the repositories. Nevertheless I soldiered onward and tried to watch a movie with that version of Flash. This time Amazon tells me I need to upgrade my version of Flash and my browser!

While I await a constructive reply from Amazon support (the last one was largely boilerplate), I thought I'd ask whether anyone else here has tried to watch an Instant Video from Amazon lately? Am I alone in having this problem?