Thread: Need help with wireless connection.

Beans

Question Need help with wireless connection.

Hi, I am learning linux on my own and, while I am loving it, I am experiencing some trouble with Wireless Connection.

My laptop is a HP G42 380LA, running windows 7 wireless connection works fine.

I installed Ubuntu 12.04LTS with Windows Installer, "Wubi".

So, Wired Connection works on Ubuntu, but when I try to connect to Wireless it keeps asking me for the password, I put the password, and I am positive that it is the right one but it does not connect.

Any help from you will be appreciate. Linux is a whole new world to discover for me and with your help, hopefully some day I will be able to contribute, since I am studying Computer Science, don´t know if I wrote that right.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Need help with wireless connection.

Quote Originally Posted by tote91 View Post
    Hi, I am learning linux on my own and, while I am loving it, I am experiencing some trouble with Wireless Connection.

My laptop is a HP G42 380LA, running windows 7 wireless connection works fine.

I installed Ubuntu 12.04LTS with Windows Installer, "Wubi".

So, Wired Connection works on Ubuntu, but when I try to connect to Wireless it keeps asking me for the password, I put the password, and I am positive that it is the right one but it does not connect.

Any help from you will be appreciate. Linux is a whole new world to discover for me and with your help, hopefully some day I will be able to contribute, since I am studying Computer Science, don´t know if I wrote that right.
    You say it keeps asking you for the password-
    Does a window open and say:
    Authentication required for internet?
    If so; it's your WEP key
    You might need a driver for your network interface card. Try looking for one and see if it helps. It helped me but I had to blacklist the opposite driver and restart and until I did it did not matter how many times I put in my password.
    "A morning w/o coffee is like something w/o something else"

-:- Elementary OS Freya on a Quad Core Desktop : CentOS on a Sony Vaio-:-

Beans

Re: Need help with wireless connection.

Hi, thank for the fast reply.

Yes, it is a window asking for verification, but it is WPA2 protected.

I will start looking for the driver thought I don´t know what network interface card do I have, thank again.