Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quality in ubuntu Survey

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unity Testing too now kaput ?

Quote Originally Posted by guitara View Post
    Point noted. I will take it up with the devs. I'm not sure how we could remove the package via an upgrade cleanly.. but maybe it's possible. If not, then it's an easy thing to get rid of yourself and I will communicate that. Thanks ventrical.

Thanks for your reply.

I also want to note that they had triaged that Nautilus Logic (me) bug even though no one else clicked on it.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nautilus/+bug/1027216

Perhaps in the near future they can program in a jockey that will be able discern PC Tablets from Desktops as I can see that logic being used in an iPhone or Android Tablet etc.. I know there are many alternatives to Nautilus but, it is just my opinion that changing Nautilus so drastically can break the mojo continuity of Unity. I can see where the devs are trying to incorporate an effervescence in Unity and keeping Nautilus in-tact without any surprises can only add to that effervescence IMO. So the mojo, the juju, the karma and the effervescence are all working in unity !

bravo.. !

Edit- Whoops! I think that was another bug
    Last edited by ventrical; August 8th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans

Re: Quality in ubuntu Survey

Results are up:

http://www.theorangenotebook.com/201...y-results.html

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be posting more from the feedback as well. Much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro

Results are up:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be posting more from the feedback as well. Much appreciated.
    Hey Nick, it would be nice if you could add 'n' for each answer. We know the confidence interval is broad becauseour sample is not representative. But, even so, having some idea on the sample would allow us to compare and use this data in the future in further surveys (normalizing the standard error, for example), maybe risk some hypothesis. Good work.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans

Good job

I really mean that too. I know I've been a particular thorn in your side, but I want you to know that your efforts are very much appreciated.

I think you hit on job #1; recruiting more qa testers into the fold. They needn't all be iso testers either.

There are many apps I never use in Ubuntu so even someone being willing to test a single app, even in a VM, would be great

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by effenberg0x0 View Post
    Hey Nick, it would be nice if you could add 'n' for each answer. We know the confidence interval is broad becauseour sample is not representative. But, even so, having some idea on the sample would allow us to compare and use this data in the future in further surveys (normalizing the standard error, for example), maybe risk some hypothesis. Good work.

Regards,
    Effenberg
    You business and marketing people are all the same -- your fancy numbers and analysis! Why in my day, we were happy to have multi-colored graphs!

I kid, I kid. I have all the raw data, and yes, we could try and extract more info from it. I wanted to get something simple to digest out there for now

Beans
    Distro

You business and marketing people are all the same -- your fancy numbers and analysis! Why in my day, we were happy to have multi-colored graphs!

I kid, I kid. I have all the raw data, and yes, we could try and extract more info from it. I wanted to get something simple to digest out there for now
    Hehe, I can't avoid it you know, it's what I do for a living. When we released a PR to all major media saying more than 80% of 6 Million business in Brazil adopted Linux and FOSS, even partially, proprietary software vendors immediately threatened to start lawsuits unless we also released out survey methodology and raw numbers

But, for our microcosmos here, it's interesting to start gathering data we can study and think about.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Distro

o.O interesting results.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Distro

Results are up:

Nice work guitara!
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, results are up, guitara and balloons and jibel and phillw and astraljava will have to worry about how to...Anyway, anyone who subscribed to QA mail list should get a e-mail about a new Facebook page, anyone interested in it? (Though I don't use Facebook at all)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234