Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quality in ubuntu Survey

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unity Testing too now kaput ?

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    It seems to me, that the Unity devs created a new testing tool for each new version, we just haven't seen one this cycle yet.

Is the current *Unity Testing* tool of any use at all?

*edit* followup:

Is 'checbox-unity' the actual testing tool we find in the Unity Dash?
    Last edited by ventrical; August 7th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Quality in ubuntu Survey

@cariboo907

Apologies .. I digress.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Distro

Now, as a quite active tester in the Ubuntu QA Communtiy and helped chaired meetings and written a testcase (Honest: Ask balloons or phillw for that...), this it great! I like it and will keep as my main focus for Ubuntu...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ronacc View Post
    maybe not on your hardware but it darn sure is on mine . I was locked out of the 3.5 series kernel until aug 3 , the 3.4 series worked like a charm but all the 3.5s kernel panicked on me .
    Understand... it all has to do with what hardware you have. My Intel CPUs and graphics makes it seem easy to me because Intel provides all the code and likely hardware that the devs need to test before issuing anything new. At least this is the way it seems to be working for the last year or so.
    Regards, frank, at http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q30X Intel i5-4670K 4.0GHz, SSDs, 16G RAM | Dell laptop E1505n, netbook 10n
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP Pro running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.

Beans
    Distro

every thing "normally" is easy on my sys also .my problems started with the 3.5 kernel . from that point until the august 3 daily it was fubar . Its been ok since then I did have to revert to the nouveau driver but thats a different and known thing right now .
    if it ain't broke you haven't tweaked it enough

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    It seems to me, that the Unity devs created a new testing tool for each new version, we just haven't seen one this cycle yet.
    Yes, we will be having unity testing. In fact, we'll be migrating over the checkbox testing to the qatracker. And, , I'm working on it this week with the unity team. Expect to see something this week or more likely next Monday with a new version of unity full of good stuff to test, and the testcases, etc to go with it. I've been trying to keep various outlets informed about what's coming up as it happens; typically this is via the ubuntu-qa list. If your not subscribed I highly recommend it. If there's an idea for doing the same via this subforum, I'm open to ideas.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Is the current *Unity Testing* tool of any use at all?

*edit* followup:

Is 'checbox-unity' the actual testing tool we find in the Unity Dash?
    checkbox-unity was the testing tool used last cycle. This cycle it will be of no use, and the plan for this cycle is to not use it. The plan for this cycle made at UDS was to consolidate everything to the qatracker. My plan for the cycle haven't really changed since I posted this right after UDS. The community hwdb should come out this month as well. It's going to be exciting. http://www.theorangenotebook.com/201...community.html

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by guitara View Post
    checkbox-unity was the testing tool used last cycle. This cycle it will be of no use, and the plan for this cycle is to not use it. The plan for this cycle made at UDS was to consolidate everything to the qatracker. My plan for the cycle haven't really changed since I posted this right after UDS. The community hwdb should come out this month as well. It's going to be exciting. http://www.theorangenotebook.com/201...community.html
    I am just curious as to why then it was not removed as a good housekeeping gesture on part of the devs. I do not mean to sound fececious<sp> but are we expected to remove that program oursevles?
    This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Distro

Unity testing icon removed very cleanly.
    This is Rolling Release

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I am just curious as to why then it was not removed as a good housekeeping gesture on part of the devs. I do not mean to sound fececious<sp> but are we expected to remove that program oursevles?
    Point noted. I will take it up with the devs. I'm not sure how we could remove the package via an upgrade cleanly.. but maybe it's possible. If not, then it's an easy thing to get rid of yourself and I will communicate that. Thanks ventrical.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast