Thread: thinking dual-booting mint12 and ubuntu12.04

Beans

Exclamation thinking dual-booting mint12 and ubuntu12.04

the only reasons why I would is if the following things work out of the box.(may even go all 12.04 if they work exceptionally well)

Multimedia video controller : Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)

VGA compatible controller : nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce 8400 GS] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])(dual monitors)

Pylotro

and if all three things work right out of the box and I can be expecting to watch DirecTV on one monitor and playing ddo on the other after install, please offer advice on installing 12.04 alongside of mint 12 without using optical drive, I think I'm out of disks

Beans

Re: thinking dual-booting mint12 and ubuntu12.04

Do you have a support question?

Beans

technically, not a support question yet. just scouting out ubuntu to see if the the new os can so what my currant mint 12 does(the video card and pylotro) and can also do what my currant mint 12 can't(the video capture card) since I only said I was thinking of dual-booting I meant to imply that I haven't actually done it yet.

I just assumed that a sub-forum called absolute "beginner talk" would be the place to start

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Mint is a derivative of Ubuntu. So essentially anything you can do in mint you can do in Ubuntu.

My question is ... if everything works how you want it to now? Why do you want to dual boot, or switch for that matter.
    Best,
    Lev

[Personal Blog]

Beans

my capture card doesn't work, just hoping ubuntu 12.04 might have added support or something.