Thread: Gnome keyring does not work

Beans

Question Gnome keyring does not work

Hi,

I have just installed a fresh Xubuntu 12.04. The Gnome keyring only seems to work if I select "Load runtime environment for GNOME at system start" in the settings menu.
    Specifically, I am using a secondary SSH key stored in, say, ~./ssh/id_rsa_2. Without the above option actived, I have to re-enter the SSH keyphrase every time.
    However, I don't actually want to load a full "runtime environment for GNOME" on startup -- I just want the keyring to work, nothing else.
    On my Unity machine, on the contrary, this all works perfectly fine and hassle-free out-of-the-box.

Thanks for your help!

Beans

Re: Gnome keyring does not work

*bump*

Beans

Edit the needed gnome-keyring-*.desktop files located in /etc/xdg/autostart and change the value of "OnlyShowIn=" to:
    Code:
    OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity;XFCE;
    Additionally, you might need to activate those entries in your application autostart list (settings manager).
    GNU/Linux

Beans

I did this with just one of them (the ssh one), and it didn't work; do you think enabling all of them might help?
    Also, I've tried executing the commands in these .desktop files manually just to see if this resolves the issue; but it didn't help.