Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems w/ Suspend

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Problems w/ Suspend

Quote Originally Posted by audiomick View Post
    If you're interested, you could look in the system monitor. One of the tabs in there shows you how much RAM and how much swap your are using, and the total available.
    You can also just open a terminal and type "top" and it will give you this information.

Also I am running a server using 10.04 I do not use suspend or hibernation but just turn off the monitor. To be honest with you I can remember the last time I turn the monitor on. I just remote into it using my laptop and do update and changes. In fact I did it this morning.
    Screenshot of irv@irv-server at 2012-08-02 09:03:09.jpg
    Information on my Main laptop. Information on my small laptop Dell 11 3000
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 250 SSD.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Problems w/ Suspend

Quote Originally Posted by irv View Post
    You can also just open a terminal and type "top" and it will give you this information.

Also I am running a server using 10.04 I do not use suspend or hibernation but just turn off the monitor. To be honest with you I can remember the last time I turn the monitor on. I just remote into it using my laptop and do update and changes. In fact I did it this morning.
    Screenshot of irv@irv-server at 2012-08-02 09:03:09.jpg
    Well, this is a desktop system, not a server. In fact, one of the primary qualities I was going after when building this system was the large monitor. So this solution does not work for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12