Thread: Lamp server error

Beans

Angry Lamp server error

I installed a standard lamp server on my Ubuntu distro. I enabled the php modules, commented out the "IfInclude" block and reloaded apache2 and still, when I try to execute web pages with php in the public_html folder, I get a download prompt. This is really stumping me, any help would be appreciated.

Beans

Re: Lamp server error

What ifinclude block are you refering to? In the past all I've had to do is install php5 and 'a2enmod php5' then restart apache.

Beans

Arrow Re: Lamp server error

I've done that. I've loaded the modules, and I've enabled the public html folder. It suddenly stopped working. Now I've done several fixes, and none of them have worked. I think it's a bug could. I got it working, and it suddenly stopped parsing my php in the public_html folder.

I simply don't want to be accessing the files by root so often.

I had it working and it just stopped i'm going nuts.

Beans

Re: Lamp server error

Just found this thread about, I think, the same problem you're having: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1521010

Beans

Smile Re: Lamp server error

Thanks dude. I think it's a bug, that link really helped. What I did to fix it was a work around. I changed the DocumentRoot in apache to my public html file. Now I can program without logging in as root. Thank vato.
    Last edited by stareling; August 10th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.