Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PlayOnLinux unable to detect 32- and 64-bits OpenGL libraries; Steam immediate crash

Beans

Re: PlayOnLinux unable to detect 32- and 64-bits OpenGL libraries; Steam immediate cr

Attached is the log from when Steam crashes running through POL. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Breadified.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: PlayOnLinux unable to detect 32- and 64-bits OpenGL libraries; Steam immediate cr

Still having this problem with Steam crashing. Anyone out there who has any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

What does the following return:
    Code:
    glxinfo | grep -i render
    Did you install Steam using the HowTo from this page: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=72339

Beans

That command returns the following -

Code:
    X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
      Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
      Serial number of failed request:  12
      Current serial number in output stream:  12
    - and I installed it using those instructions prior to running that command (and of course testing once more). After this I also updated POL to the latest version, which has resulted in the previous 32- and 64-bits errors coming back.

Beans

Also, the command-

Code:
    fglrxinfo
    -returns the exact same error too. However, when using-

Code:
    sudo apt-get install fglrx fglrx-amdcccle
    -as advised by http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide returns that my driver is already the latest version. Should I try purging the driver install and reinstalling?

EDIT: Never mind the question at the end. I did that previously and it didn't help any. Also, I have of course rebooted my computer before running the commands (and after, before running them again just to make sure my memory wasn't off).
    Last edited by Breadified; August 9th, 2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Update details

Beans

Okay...I believe the issue may be solved. I purged POL and used Winetricks to install Steam as advised above. Using the forum above I "purged" the driver from my system following the "Removing the driver" section. After doing so, I tried again to run Steam and it worked without any errors (of course, not through POL - through Winetricks). Now installing "Civilization V" and am yet to come up against any errors. I am a very happy man!

Summary: it appears using Winetricks and NOT using the proprietary Catalyst drivers (at least on my system) solves the issues of crashes and missing OpenGL libraries.

Thanks for your help, folks. I'll report back if I come up against any more errors or interesting nuances.

EDIT 2: http://askubuntu.com/questions/12429...-video-drivers is an incredibly useful page for the installation of the proprietary drivers. I found the "Alternative method" the most helpful.
    Last edited by Breadified; August 10th, 2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: 1: Spelling mistake fix, 2: Inclusion of useful link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12