Thread: Videos are in fast forward

Beans

Question Videos are in fast forward

Every time I go to youtube, or any other site to watch a video, in ubuntu 12.04 LTS, the video is played in fast forward. I have been looking for a solution for days, how do I fix this?

Beans

Re: Videos are in fast forward

This happens to me every once a while press shift+the refresh button(This reloads the page bypassing the cache) and if that doesn't work clear your cache, and do you have Hardware Acceleration enabled on flash? That could be the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am able to duplicate this... anything that needs to buffer, ie: grooveshark or youtube plays in fast forward (can't say I mind for advertisements ), and anything that is streamed, ie: internet radio, plays a half second fast, then pauses for a half second, and another half second fast.

Beans

@Dawnbandit Unfortunately, none of the methods you propose worked for me.

@booyhakashah have you found any solution? I have exactly the same problem and haven't been able to find a solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you're using Google-Chrome, I think it's related to Pepper Flash. Try Firefox to see if the problem still happens. If not, then it's the same Google-Chrome issue that I've had (along with several others). In that case you might consider switching to Firefox as that browser is definitely (at least in my hands) much more stable with Flash based sites.

There is also a proposed workaround in the following thread that seems to work as well (although I've not tried it):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...86&postcount=6