Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR5822 wireless crashes Belkin F6D6230-4 router

Beans

Re: AR5822 wireless crashes Belkin F6D6230-4 router

Update: I found a solution here:

Code:
    #echo "options ath9k nohwcrypt=1" > /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
    So far it seems to be working. We'll see, but I'm hopeful...

Beans

Nope... I was happy for about an hour, but, though it stopped killing the router, the wifi connection still flatlines every 2-5 minutes. Even with the compat-wireless backports package installed from the repos, it's no better.

I guess this machine really wants to be a Mageia computer. Sometimes they are like children: we just have to respect what they were born to be.

Mageia sees the wireless card as:

Code:
    02:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. Device 0034 (rev 01)
    and for some reason it screams along. The thing that surprises me is that it works at all, since it looks like everyone else seems to be having a hell of a time with this wireless card.

Beans

Hooray! Cautious joy for the assassin!

Discovered today that the wireless works apparently well with kernel 3.2.0-35-generic and the compat-wireless backports from the 3.6 kernel.
    With a little tweaking under ubuntu, got power consumption at idle down from 10-11 watts under Mageia 2 (with my own frequency scaling since there was no support for sandy bridge) to 5-6 watts - sometimes below 5!

If true, this is wonderful news - at last the assassin is king of ultrabooks! Let all S3 owners rejoice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12