Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OSX Mountain Lion

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: OSX Mountain Lion

Quote Originally Posted by levlaz View Post
    Its so funny how all of these "amazing new features" like cloud, notifications, etc.. have been around in Ubuntu for years.
    I concur. When i had mentioned this, after my friend asked just what i thought of Mountain Lion, he proceeded to jump down my throat; "Ubuntu might have had this for a long time, but its nowhere near as "polished" as it would be on OS X" I dropped the subject there.
    Last edited by Jakin; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakin View Post
    I concur.
    Last I checked, Ubuntu doesn't have a notification center, voice recognition/dictation, twitter/facebook integration, power nap, game center, 1080p 'airplay' mirroring, versions, or hundreds of other features native to OSX.
    That's what she said.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Might be different than what i was thinking of then. Should have been clearer- I was talking about the notifications, not all those other neat features. So then i guess he did have merit to sternly talk down to me, haha..
    Last edited by Jakin; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I intend to be Apple free soon, I am less than impressed with Apple on many counts.
    Which Apple products do you currently own? What are your proposed alternatives?

I'm just curious
    That's what she said.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I intend to be Apple free soon, I am less than impressed with Apple on many counts.
    I never thought that day would come.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Would be nice if instead of just saying you are not impressed with Apple , actually listing the reasons you are not impressed...
    Registered Linux user: #543082
    Registered Ubuntu user: #34219
    http://dvisagie.com/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AllRadioisDead View Post
    Which Apple products do you currently own? What are your proposed alternatives?

I'm just curious
    I had.....

27" iMac
    24" iMac
    13" MacBook Pro
    iPad 3
    iPhone 4
    Apple TV x2
    MacPro

I still have ....

27" iMac
    MacPro
    Apple TV x2

The iPhone 4 became road kill and I have given away the others. I will keep the Apple TVs they are good, the iMac I will give away once i decide on a replacement and I will keep the MacPro I use that for business purposes.
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r8 View Post
    Would be nice if instead of just saying you are not impressed with Apple , actually listing the reasons you are not impressed...
    Apple were good in my opinion second to none for a very long time however increasingly over the last few years the OS's have become increasingly restrictive,boring and now charging for what amounts to a service pack has annoyed me.

Their continual and anti-competitive litigation has really p'd me off, they are not competing with innovation they are competing via vexatious litigation. I can no longer support them and can give very small protest with my wallet.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Apple were good in my opinion second to none for a very long time however increasingly over the last few years the OS's have become increasingly restrictive,boring and now charging for what amounts to a service pack has annoyed me.

Their continual and anti-competitive litigation has really p'd me off, they are not competing with innovation they are competing via vexatious litigation. I can no longer support them and can give very small protest with my wallet.
    I feel the same way, KiwiNZ. But I'm loving my Macbook Pro... just keeping it on Snow Leopard. I saw Lion, and for the first time since OS X was released, I had no interest in the upgrade. Mountain Lion I feel the same way.

Pretty happy with use a Macbook Pro with a Galaxy Nexus.

Beans
    Hidden!

Does this mean the Rebel Alliance has won? What about the cookies?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast